Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The first year

One year ago today, I sat down at my laptop, logged into Blogger.com for the first time, and created "Erik Cassano's Weblog."
It has been a busy first year chronicling the ups and downs of Cleveland sports, and sports in general. From the Cavs' springtime collapse to the Indians near-miss of the playoffs in October to yet another long, highlight-challenged season for the Browns, I have strived to post my takes on all of it.
This post is my 300th. A nice, round number for the first year.
Since setting up a CQ hit counter on April 27, I have netted 2,169 hits and am averaging eight visits a day. Thanks to everyone who has visited my site over the past year, in particular Zach, Joel, Dave, Marc and Abrasivist. And to anyone else, please come back often and post your comments.
I have asked Zach, Joel and Dave to point out some posts that have stood out to them in the past year. Anyone else is invited to contribute as well by e-mailing me at TheChief87@aol.com.
Over the next few days, I will highlight the posts selected by my readers as past of my first anniversary "blog bash."

No comments: