Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Boobie Gibson interview

...Such as it was.

Thursday evening, on assignment for TheClevelandFan.com, I got the chance to pull aside one Mr. Daniel "Boobie" Gibson of the Cavaliers for a round of quick-fire questions, as Gibson finished up an autograph session at a cell phone store in North Olmsted.

The line for autographs was insanely long, and the public relations rep in charge of coordinating the event told me I was Gibson's 14th interview of the day. So I was understandably told to keep it short.

Herded into a back room of the store along with Gibson and a bunch of other people, I wedged 11 questions into somewhere around five minutes. All the while, Gibson signed a few extra items for various people and prepared to make a dash for his nice, warm limo.

That's the back story. The interview in its entirety can be read here.

No comments: