Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I think ...

In the vein of Tony Rizzo's weekly "Top 10 things I think I think" on Fox 8 Sports in Cleveland, I offer some of my own things about Cleveland sports I think I think.

I think ...

... If the Indians had just one truly fearsome bat in the heart of their order, they'd be a legitimate playoff team.

... All you Tribe fans salivating at the idea of the Indians adding said fearsome bat before the trade deadline, grab a napkin and a beer. The best you can hope for is the jettisoning of Jose Hernandez for another utility player.

... Grady Sizemore will be the next Indians position player to make the all-star team. Next year.

... Cliff Lee is Cleveland's staff ace. Not C.C. Not Kevin Millwood.

... The Browns made the right move in letting Ross Verba go, even if his replacement, L.J. Shelton, is an unknown quantity.

... Kellen Winslow Jr. has the talent to be a perennial pro-bowler. The Browns shouldn't give up on him, no matter how frustrated they are with him.

... New Cavaliers coach Mike Brown will soon discover there are a couple light years of difference between being an NBA assistant coach and an NBA head coach. But he will be up to the task.

... Zydrunas Ilgauskas is gone. Eddy Curry or Jamaal Magloire will replace him.

... Larry Brown is not coming to Cleveland. Pin your hopes on Kiki Vandeweghe.

... Despite east coast media reports to the contrary, LeBron James is loyal to the Cavaliers and wants to stay in Cleveland, all things being equal. The equalizer, however, is the ability to win.

No comments: