Monday, March 20, 2006

Brackets: Part 4

Let me get this out of the way right now: I had Ohio State going to the Final Four.
Might as well let the world know my homerdom got in the way of my good judgment. The Buckeyes, though five up on Georgetown in the seeding Sunday, were thoroughly outclassed and overmatched by a taller and far more athletic Hoya team.
I hadn't had a chance to pick Ohio State in an NCAA Tournament for so long, I was like a kid that gorges himself on Halloween candy and pukes his guts out an hour later.
Oh well. Mop and bucket time.

NCAA Tournament second round:

Damage assessment

Record 9-7

Hits: Duke, Texas, Memphis, Gonzaga, UCLA, UConn, Villanova, Boston College, Florida

Misses: Illinois (lost to Washington), Tennessee (lost to Wichita State), Ohio State (lost to Georgetown), four dead games

Damage to Elite Eight: Ohio State

Damage to Final Four: Ohio State

Sweet 16 picks
Note: "dead game" means I have neither team advancing

Atlanta Bracket

(1) Duke over (4) LSU
(2) Texas over (6) West Virginia

Oakland Bracket

(1) Memphis over (13) Bradley
(2) UCLA over (3) Gonzaga

Washington Bracket

(1) UConn over (5) Washington
(7) Wichita State vs. (11) George Mason: dead game

Minneapolis Bracket

(1) Villanova over (4) Boston College
(3) Florida vs. (7) Georgetown: dead game

Up next: Sweet 16 damage assessment and Elite Eight picks

No comments: