Monday, March 27, 2006

Brackets: Part 6

At least I'm not alone in having my bracket toasted. Ninety-nine percent of NCAA brackets are probably in the same boat. For the first time since 1980, not a single 1-seed advanced to the Final Four.
Sunday, George Mason cost me my national champion, UConn. That leaves me with UCLA as the only Final Four prediction I got right. But with Duke, Villanova, Memphis, Gonzaga, UConn, Boston College, Texas and West Virginia now on the sidelines, there are probably plenty of people who went 0-for-4. Just one of those years.

Elite Eight damage assessment

Record: 1-3

Hits: UCLA

Misses: UConn, two dead games

Damage to Final Four:UConn (national champion)

National Semifinal picks
Note: "dead game" means I have neither team advancing

LSU vs. UCLA (dead game)
Florida vs. George Mason (dead game)

Actual predictions: UCLA and George Mason win

Up next: national championship prediction and a final synopsis of the 2006 NCAA Tournament.

No comments: